The Uniface Anywhere Documentation 5.0 is incomplete on the part of the ‘Performance Auto-Tuning’ section.
This will replace the documented section in the Administrator guide:
Performance auto-tuning is used in situations when an application is generating a large amount of graphical data or when a client system has limited processing speed.
When Performance auto-tuning is enabled, the client machine reports the rate at which it is processing the data the host is sending.
The host uses this information to reduce the total amount of data it sends by eliminating any graphical information that the client system is unable to keep up with,
such as animations with a high frame rate, or by choosing to send an image of an application’s contents rather than primitive graphical operations.
Performance auto-tuning allows any client to run even the most graphically intense applications.
Performance auto-tuning is disabled by default.
To enable Performance Auto-Tuning for all clients connecting to a host:
- Locate the file HostProperties.xml in one of the following directories: C:\ProgramData\Uniface\Uniface Anywhere.
- Open HostProperties.xml in Wordpad.
- Change the value of ClientProcessingBatch from 0 to 1.
- Change the value or ClientProcessingThrottleV2 from 0 to 1.
- Open Regedit and create a DWORD registry value \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Uniface\Uniface Anywhere\AppServer\ClientOffscreenSurfaces and set its value to 0.
- Stop and start the Uniface Anywhere Application Publishing Service.
Note: Make sure to create a backup of HostProperties.xml before making any changes.
This page has no comments.